Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Calender Project

I have been nursing this idea of doing a calender project. And now I have more time, I'm going to start art-blogging again.

The calender's objective is nothing unique. If anything, it has been done for centuries. I'm attempting to personify 12 flowers that represent the 12 months of the year. The style is somewhat a lazy version of Art Nouveau. Of course, I'm also incorporating my favorite polka-dots and stripes into these drawings. I think this will be a great opportunity for me to brush up on my illustration skills, and really learn to use color more frugally.

January - Orchid
February - Plum Blossoms
March - Narcissus
April - Tulip
May - Peony
June - Rose
July - Sunflower
August - Lotus
September - Morning Glory
October - Chrysanthemums
November - Poppy
December - Calla Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment